California Privacy Rights
Last updated: November 05, 2022
Legal Basis For Processing Personal Information
PocketGuard collects personal information for business and commercial purposes including: enhancing PocketGuard’s products and services; fraud prevention; analytics; advertising enhancement; any other purpose not prohibited by applicable laws or privacy regulations, including the CCPA.
Categories of personal information the PocketGuard collects
PocketGuard has collected the following categories of personal information from users within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers. A name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). A name, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information. Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information. Physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
- Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history and search history within our website; information on a consumer’s interaction with a website and advertisement.
- Geolocation data. Physical location or movements.
- Sensory data. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information. Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
- Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)). Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information. Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
PocketGuard collects the following type of your “sensitive information”: the last 4 digits of a consumer’s social security number. If you provide this information via our services, it may be transferred to 3rd party service for lowering your bills (for example, Billshark). PocketGuard, in turn, does not retain such peace of information and not sale or share it respectively.IN THE PRECEDING TWELVE (12) MONTHS POCKETGUARD HAS NO DISCLOSED AND/OR SOLD OBTAINED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES FOR BUSINESS OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
Your Rights and Choices
As a California resident you have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses.
Right to Access. You have the right to receive information about the types of personal information that PocketGuard collects, uses, discloses, and sells. Specifically, this right allows you to ask PocketGuard for the following information: (a) the categories of personal information that PocketGuard collects about you; (b) the categories of sources from which PocketGuard has obtained personal information about you; (c) PocketGuard’s business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; (d) the categories of your personal information that PocketGuard sells to third parties; (e) the categories of third parties that PocketGuard sells your personal information to; and (f) the specific pieces of personal information that PocketGuard has collected about you. PocketGuard must disclose this information to you when you exercise your right to know, subject to proper verification of your request.
Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information. If you have reason to believe that PocketGuard maintains inaccurate personal information, you have the right to request PocketGuard to correct your inaccurate personal information. To do this, you need to make a verifiable consumer request through communication channels mentioned in the Section “Exercising your Rights” below.
Right to be Forgotten. You have the right to request that PocketGuard delete any personal information it has collected or maintains about you, subject to certain exceptions for business purposes outlined in the applicable law. Once PocketGuard receives and confirms your verifiable consumer request, PocketGuard will delete your personal information from its records, unless an exception applies.
Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right to non-discrimination if you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA. If you exercise your rights under the CCPA, PocketGuard, pertaining to its good and services, will not do any of the following: (a) deny you any goods or services; (b) charge you a different price or rate for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; (c) provide to you a different level or quality of goods or services; or (d) suggest to you that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to direct PocketGuard to not sell or share your personal information to third parties at any time. Please note that PocketGuard has never sold or/and shared and not going to sell or/and share any personal data obtained from you.
Exercising your Rights
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request to know or for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must: (1) Provide sufficient information that allows PocketGuard to reasonably verify you are (a) the person about whom PocketGuard collected personal information or (b) such person’s authorized representative; (2) Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows PocketGuard to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We may require additional information to verify your requests to exercise your rights or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create any account on HomeQuote to submit a request or have it fulfilled. PocketGuard cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if PocketGuard cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. PocketGuard will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. We are permitted to reject your request if we reasonably determined that you are not a resident of the State of California.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.